Soundboard Construction

Soundboard Construction
Adirondack Spruce - the redheaded stepchild of the Luthier world

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Material -- Happy Father's Day me!!

I just happened to stumble across and incredible back and sides set of spalted myrtle.  It was just too gorgeous and rare to pass up.  I ostensibly needed some new head plates since I mistakenly destroyed the original rosewood piece to make a bridge backing for the soundboard - Oops...  Well providence shone through, and now I have a couple new rosewood head plates thrown in with the myrtle set, compliments of Steve from Colonial Tonewoods!



Also, later this summer I'll be starting the transformation of my car port into the worlds greatest home lutherie shop.  I'll be sure to include updates and pics of that too!

Catch everyone later.

No comments:

Post a Comment