Soundboard Construction

Soundboard Construction
Adirondack Spruce - the redheaded stepchild of the Luthier world

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One step closer

Hooray for me, I finished the soundboard!  Just sanded the last brace tonight.  I know I'm jumping ahead and haven't finished with the rosette yet, but I thought you might like to revel with me in this little triumph.  I stopped over at a luthier friend's house last night and got a lot of good pointers and picked up my next back and side set - figured cocobolo!  No sap wood, but it looks great.  Thanks Trevor!!  You can check out his site at http://www.peakeguitars.com/ - he has a Facebook page too but I'm not sure what it is.  Alright, it's late and we're heading out to the cabin in West Virginia tomorrow so I'm going to bed.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment