Soundboard Construction

Soundboard Construction
Adirondack Spruce - the redheaded stepchild of the Luthier world

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Finished braces

You know what I just realized?  I went through that whole long write-up on bracing the soundboard but I never put up finished photos!  Well here some are.  The one just below shows gluing the main upper bought brace.


This one shows what they looked like just before shaping.


It looks like I ran out of current pictures on the computer I'm on...  Blast you network cloud, why are you so confusing and far away?!  Oh wait, I found a few more, this one shows the secondary upper bought brace shaped.


Let's find some more...  Shaping a fan brace.


And notching the first x-brace to fit with the second...


And voila, magically all done!! Really, it's that easy (sike!).


No comments:

Post a Comment